This smoked mackerel with Greek salad recipe is what summer food is all about.
Prep time: 15mins
Cooking time: 0mins
Skill Level: Easy
Recipe by: Seafish
- 2 x 75g smoked mackerel fillets, skin removed
- 150g vine-ripened cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ red onion, finely sliced
- ½ cucumber, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 2 little gem lettuce, sliced
- Handful greek olives, pitted
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 70g feta cheese, crumbled
- Chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
- 2 pitta bread, warmed, to serve
- Place the tomatoes in a bowl and season with salt and pepper and a little of the olive oil.
- Assemble the tomatoes, onion, cucumber, lettuce and olives in two large bowls or plates. Top with the flaked mackerel and crumbled feta cheese.
- Dress the salad with the remaining olive oil, a squeeze of lemon juice and a pinch of salt and pepper. Garnish with the parsley and serve immediately with the pitta bread.
- Calories 616kcal
- Fat 39.6g
- Saturates 10.6g
- Carbs 37.6g
- Sugars 8.7g
- Fibre 5.3g
- Protein 29.6g
- Salt 3.4g